So aside from the immediate perks of painting a flashy coat of polish onto your nails, clear nail polish provides a lot of benefits that aren't detailed on the bottle's instructions. Not only a great topcoat, clear polish is a lot like Windex® in My Big Fat Greek Wedding - it is the go-to product for quick fix-ups!
- Protect Your Nails – When you apply a coat of clear polish, not only are your nails going to look a whole lot more healthy, but you’ll be protecting them dryness and flakiness with a subtle sheen of this nail paint. And for all you guitar players out there, clear nail polish has been widely speculated to protect and strengthen your nails from the ravages of strumming.
- Nourish Your Nails – Certain brands of polish contain Vitamins A, E, and C, all to further promote strength in your nails. The nutrients infused into these polishes will encourage healthy nail growth and repair any damage. We recommend applying Pure Bling on a regular basis to keep your nails strong looking... just like you.
- Fix Your Sunglasses – Unless your sunglasses have completely broken apart, you can use clear polish to fix minor details on your lenses. The tiny screws that hold your sunglasses together can be strengthened when you paint a bit of polish on them just before tightening. Once the screw has been properly twisted in place, a drop of polish on the top and bottom of the screw will ensure its security.
- When You're a Handyman - Show off your handyman skills by whipping out a bottle of polish when you're fixing up a house (prepare for the stares!). Use the polish to tighten loose screws - apply a coat to a screw before winding it in. Let the polish dry and just as the saying goes, set it and forget it! Your screws will be tighter, and you won't have to worry about your work falling apart. In addition to tightening up screws, nail polish is also great for quick-sealing chips in tiles or enamel in the bathroom or kitchen.
- Prevent Rust Rings - You know those unsightly little rust rings on the shower floor or lip of the tub that your metal shaving cream cans make? It means its time to switch over to a more durable plastic tube like EVMAN's Cleanse & Shave. But if you love and swear by your metal-based bottle, you can apply a thin layer of nail polish on the bottom for a rust-free shower.
- Impress the Ladies - While it's not an absolute requirement that your feet be as clean and beautiful as the day you were born (I mean, come on - we do walk on the floor everyday!), no self-respecting man wants to have a girl recoil in horror at the sight of unkempt, smelly, and dirty feet. According to the Daily News, more men are trading in their less-than-kempt toe nails for a cleaner, more polished look. You can achieve the look at home by applying a light coat of clear polish to all your nails - not only will it protect them from the weather and elements, but they're likely to look a lot more spruced up!
Have any other interesting uses for clear nail polish? Share them here!