5. Better exercise
Being dehydrated can severely hamper your athletic activities, slowing you down and making it harder to lift weights. Exercise requires additional water, so be sure to hydrate before, during and after exercise.
Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body.
7. Digestive problems
Our digestive systems need a good amount of water to digest food properly. Often water can help cure stomach acid problems, and water along with fiber can cure constipation (often a result of dehydration).
8. Cancer risk
Related to the digestive system item above, drinking a healthy amount of water has also been found to reduce the risk of colon cancer by 45%. Drinking lots of water can also reduce the risk of bladder cancer by 50% and potentially reduce the risk of breast cancer.___________________________
Tips and Tricks for Drinking More Water:
- Get a water bottle you love. Purchasing a water bottle that you enjoy drinking from makes a difference in both how likely you are to carry it and sip from it.
- Add lemon or other fruit to your water for flavor.
- Drink icy cold water so your body will work hard to convert it to body temperature allowing you to burn more calories.
- Make drinking water a morning ritual. Many people wake up dehydrated. Try drinking a glass of ice cold water when you wake up to jump start your day.
- Always keep a glass of water or your water bottle with you when you’re working so you continue to sip all day.